POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gilles Tran's clouds : Gilles Tran's clouds Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Gilles Tran's clouds
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 21 Apr 2003 14:01:10
Message: <3ea431e6@news.povray.org>
Heres a render of Gille's Tran's wonderful cloudscape4 scene in p.b.s-f
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/14509/

After some experimentation with the media settings, I found the "long test"
setting to offer the best quality versus speed:
intervals 3 samples 10, 20 confidence 0.9999 variance 1/10  // long test

The image was rendered at 1400x1050 at 48-bits. Then I scaled it down and
cropped it in Photoshop.
Applying slight gaussian blur (0.5 pixel radius) took care of any remaining
graininess.

I rendered this using my distributed rendering software I'm developing.
Rendering time was about 1 hour on two machines: a P4 2.72GHz (Windows
2000/Cygwin) and an AthlonXP 1.733GHz (Linux )
(the two machines are about equal in rendering speed, FYI)

Thanks for the great contribution Gilles! Do you have any more cool scene
files to release? :)
I bet this would look great in stereo...

Regards,
George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: